With so many people working from home, finding a scanner is often times a difficult task. Lucky for us, both the iPhone and most non-iPhones now have a scanning option.
For iPhone Users, the notes app can be used. The app is designed to make clean edges and single or multi-page PDF files which can then be sent to wherever needed.
As shown in the video, within notes, begin by taking a picture inside of a new note and chose the scan feature. Follow the steps of the video to add pages or save the documents as they are scanned in.
For my tax clients, documents can be uploaded right into the SmartVault app from your scan:
Follow the instructions, as shown in the video to help the scanned document find the SmartVault portal.
For non-iPhone users, the camera works just like a scanner as well. Similar to the iPhone notes app, the camera is designed to make clean edges and single or multi-page PDF files which can then be sent to wherever needed.
- Start by opening your camera and aiming at the document to scan. Note: Ensure you pull the phone back so that all edges of the paper to be scanned are in sight.
- Your phone will now display a message which states “Tap to Scan”. Press this button to take a picture of the document for scanning.
- The phone will now allow you to draw the edges as needed to the outside edges of the papers.
- Save the scanned document(s) to your phone.
For my tax clients, you can follow the next few steps to save your newly scanned image into SmartVault:
- Open your web browser on your phone.
- Log into SmartVault (mucciocpa.smartvault.com).
- Open the folder for sending documents to CPA
- Click “Upload a File” twice.
- Your phone will now give you the option to upload documents directly from your photo library or to scan documents right into SmartVault.